Facebook and Instagram are social platforms and are therefore perfect mediums for sharing social proof.
Consumers are now more informed and educated about their choices than ever before. In fact, approximately 70% of consumers say they look at product reviews before they make a purchase. This means that collecting reviews and testimonials is now more important than ever.
Very rarely will a customer volunteer a testimonial or a review without being requested. They are more than happy to do so but must be prompted. This means you need to systemise your requests and ensure you are asking all of your clients on a regular basis. People are busy so it isn’t a reflection on your services if they need to be reminded several times.
Here are some strategies to maximise your effectiveness when collecting social proof:
- Embed storytelling in your social proof. No one wants to hear people ramble on about how good you are. Instead, they will be captivated by stories that they can relate to. We tend imagine ourselves in other people’s shoes during a story. The key with a successful testimonial is to make it about them not and less about you and your business. Make your clients the HERO.
Some of our go to questions are:
- How has fitness changed your life?
- What obstacles did you encounter before making a commitment?
- What results have you seen and how do they influence your life?
- Use photos and videos as they make the association much more real. People connect a lot more when they see a friendly face. One strategy we recommend is to film 5 clients delivering a testimonial. You can then get transcribed using a service like rev.com. You now have 10 pieces of content you can rotate on a daily basis.
- Utilise influencers and people of authority where possible. Testimonials and promotion by people with big networks and great reputations can carry immense power. These people have audiences that follow their every move and a recommendation will likely result in more enquiries and potential customers.
Social proof should be a central component of your marketing strategy. You should include testimonials on a regular basis. They should be promoted via paid ads as well as featured on all landing pages and marketing collateral.